Sunday, October 5, 2008

St. George Marathon 2008 !!

St George Marathon ..... 4 October 2008


Most of us were happy and smiling before this year's St. George marathon. After all, there was a weather forecast of 48 at the start and a 40% chance of rain. hmm.... make that 100% rain from start to finish. I always carry a black lawn and leaf bag in my bag in case it is cold, wet, or windy, and today it was all three of those...


This was the finish line at Worthen park at 4:45 am. Quiet and dark...

I ran into (pardon the pun) a lot of my friends at the bus loading area. ...

Above is Alan Nybo, a fellow physical therapist and long time friend, with his wife Joy.

Alan finished in 5:56:38 and Joy in 5:56:36. Good job guys !

Above is a fast Masters runner Hal Amos who I also met up with at the bus loading area.

Hal finished in 3:16:31.... presumably he opened the other eye before the start of the race


Here is my good friend Bill Hiatt who didn't open either eye before the gun went off as he was trying to save energy for the race. After a 3:17:52 last year, Bill needed a 3:15:59 or better to qualify for Boston. He did it ! Well done Bill..... a 3:15:09. Now open those deep pockets and go buy a plane ticket to Boston !! This is one race you don't want to bandit.

Since I cannot seem to upload ay more photos in one blog, I will close this now and create a second blog with more photos.....

No comments: